Request for Qualifications
Cuero Independent School District requests from interested firms and individual qualifications for “Grant Evaluation Services." These services are required for an external evaluation of grants pursuant to the requirements set forth by the grant funding agency. The agreement will be valid for twelve (12) months with an option to renew annually for up to 3 years. Services may be terminated with the agency for non-compliance with any part of the terms and conditions of the agreement.
INSTRUCTIONS TO RESPONDENTS:
The sealed Request for Qualifications (RFQ) must be received, (2 copies), bearing the Respondent’s signature, name, address, telephone number, and name of contact person at or prior to November 8, 2021 by 1:00 PM CST. Receipt of all RFQ responses will be acknowledged at that time. RFQs received after the above stated time and date will not be considered. Please submit the RFQ in a sealed envelope, addressed as follows:
Dr. Pam Longbotham
Cuero Independent School District
960 E. Broadway
Cuero, TX 77954
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The firms/individuals selected will be required to perform all services and duties customarily and usually performed by an external grant evaluator with respect to the type of work listed above. The following services are required:
- Work with agency staff to develop a process evaluation system that is well prepared for audits and grantor reviews
- Provide technical assistance for internal and external customers
- Develop reporting system to ensure compliance with the respective funding agency
- Evaluate financial activities related to state and/or federal grants
- Logic model development
- Evaluate different grant programs that may include the use of experimental design with the intent of publication of outcomes for peer review
- Ability to interpret policies, statues, and regulations to keep programs on target
- Ensure scope of the evaluation provides the necessary process, product formative and summative information to support outcomes
Evaluation services will be on an as needed basis to evaluate grants that require the services of an external evaluator or by request of the funding source or designee. Payment of services directed by the funds granting authority will be limited to the amount designated within the terms of the grant. For all other services attach an hourly rate schedule.
Offeror shall provide an overview of their experience in providing grant evaluation services, to include the following:
- The number of years the person/firm has been in existence.
- Overall approach in providing grant compliance evaluation services for federal, state, and other grant proposals.
- Provide listing of types and values of grants evaluated within the past five years.
- Specific experience with the US Department of Education’s Innovative Approaches to Literacy, Early Reading First, or Literacy Through Libraries Projects.
- Identify the specific individual(s) and their qualifications that will be assigned to this contract.
- The names, office location, professional qualifications and experience of the person(s) expected to work with CISD Grant Projects
- A list of 5 comparable organizations (preferably supporting education), for which your institution currently provides similar services (including a list of the types of grants and value), including the name and phone numbers of a contact person. Other services as the proponent would expect to provide.
- Provide a detailed description of how the organization will perform the grant evaluation services.
- How employee background checks are completed and monitored.