Dear Gobbler Family,
Cuero ISD will close all schools from March 23rd to April 3rd. CISD will review the closure on April 3rd and determine if we will extend for further weeks or reopen. No extracurricular practices will happen during closure. All extracurricular events and contests are suspended through May 3rd per UIL.
This was an extremely tough decision and we have not made it lightly. We also understand the difficulties this causes our working parents and guardians. Many realize the school provides many services to the students and community beyond an education. It is a second home for many of our children.
CISD is working to finalize the logistics of providing online, off sight learning opportunities, meal distribution, and school services. More information about continued learning opportunities will be made available during the week of March 23rd-27th.
Meals will be provided in the bus loop at Hunt elementary on 2nd street for any child 0-18 yrs. and under. Child must be present to receive meal.
Starting Monday March 23rd
CISD asks the broader community to take the following precautions to help prevent the spread of the illness:
• Don’t shake hands
• Wash your hands regularly
• Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
• If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
• For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. People who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home.
• If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice.
• Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
• Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care.
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the coming weeks, and will provide updates via our Facebook page, website, and email.
Thank you for your patience, support, and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the Gobbler Family stay safe and healthy.
For The Children,
Micah A. Dyer, Ed.D.