Cuero ISD will begin the screening process to identify students
for the Gifted/Talented (GT) Program. Cuero ISD serves GT students in a pullout
program for K-5 students and in Honors and AP classes at the secondary campuses. If
you think your child fits many of the characteristics of gifted students listed below, you
may nominate your child for screening.
- Uses an advanced vocabulary
- Has an extensive, detailed memory—remembers more and retrieves from memory quickly and easily
- Understands complex concepts
- Generates complex, abstract ideas.
- Infers and connects concepts
- Learns quickly and easily
- Develops learning skills ahead of his/her peers
- Shows originality/invention in ideas
- Ponders with depth and multiple perspectives.
- Has a high degree of concentration in areas of interest
- Seeks out a challenge; finds and solves difficult and sometimes unusual problems
- Reads a great deal on his/her own
If you wish to nominate your child for consideration for the Cuero ISD Gifted/Talented
Program, nomination forms are available at the counselor’s office at your child’s campus.
These forms include a nomination form and a form granting permission to do additional
testing. The process of identifying students includes nomination, screening, testing, and
committee review. Nomination is the first step in the selection process and does not
guarantee placement in the program. Nomination forms must be completed and turned in
to your campus counselor’s office by October 21, 2019. If additional information is
needed, please contact your campus counselor.