In 2008, Cuero Independent School District was selected from hundreds of programs to receive federal funding to impact the health and safety of our students. Through collaborating with local partners over the past four years – Cuero Police Department, DeWitt County Juvenile Probation, DeWitt County Justice of the Peace Pct. 1, MidCoast Family Services – CISD SMART Choices improves schools, builds community, and changes lives.
- 46 Security cameras have been installed on campuses and busses.
- 1,802 students completed Too Good for Violence and Too Good for Drugs in 2011-12.
- Through an active truancy program, CISD average daily attendance increased by one full classroom of students from 2010-11 to 2011-12.
- 346 students received mental health services in 2011-12.
- 39 families received monthly home visits with a Parent Liaison in 2011-12.
- 18 CISD students participated in the Parenting Wisely curriculum in 2011-12.
- SMART Choices Facebook page was launched highlighting topics that help families make smart choices!